Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bravo task team! Bravo!

It would be hypocritical of me to detach my name from the list of people who often have nothing pleasant to say about the South African government. While I am never the inciter, during such disputes, I certainly pour a great deal of my censorious perspectives concerning the state and its men.

Nonetheless, I am amongst the first people who highlight something good that has resulted from the system I call a joke.

The arrest made in relation to one of the eight murders (of gay men) in Gauteng, brought a tear to my eye. Of course, this could have happened in the long run, but the mere fact that a task team was arranged and tasked to combat a homophobic crime, is worth writing home about. Many other gay men share the same sentiments, I am sure.

I acknowledge that our statesmen did not emulate the homophobic Australian Prime Minister who hosted homosexual couples at her official residence. Yet, I am certainly happy I am not based in Iraq; where 58 people who were either gay or believed to be so were killed in one month. My South Africa falls short.

Happy read!

No comments:

Post a Comment