Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hello Mama

It’s me, Ulwazi…

I know I just spoke to you a few minutes ago, over the phone. But, I felt I needed to write this to you. Besides, it’s not like it’s a problem being obsessed with you. So, let me.

Mama, a few minutes ago, I had something in my left eye. Yes, the one that sees well. At first I thought it was just an insect, but whatever it was felt enthused the more I rubbed my eye.

I lost a nerve.

And, as always I was alone when I needed help, as all the people I could count were out of reach. I found myself even calling on strangers for help.

I didn’t need their money. In fact, I needed their skill to drive. Hell, I could have let them drive my car, considering that I couldn’t see properly to drive myself to the hospital.

While one of the only two people who responded intended to make seconds out of the long drive from far, the other one decided to ditch her fatigue, and plans to merely get home and sleep, and offered to come to my rescue.

Oh, the beautiful souls they are.

Mama ‘am, I panicked.

Abruptly, my mind was filled with thoughts. Thoughts about an issue we never completely discussed; an issue that has broken your spiritual limbs and dented your trust.

It was at that moment that I realised, I am stressed. In fact, that confirmed to me that the breakdown, or lack thereof, I have been questioning will come in pieces. Not in the manner the masses experience it.

My housemate’s mother must have thought I am disrespectful, given the way I figuratively annihilated her out of my way, as I performed the military slog around the house; an effort to pay respect to the ache in my eye.

Mama, what was happening with me? Do you think I need help?

Funny how I always weep when I am happy, yet I seem to have this ability to maintain a straight face when hit with deadly challenge.

Mama ‘am, do you think I am strong or I am good at faking it?

But, how do you do it, mama?

Happy read!

No comments:

Post a Comment