Monday, March 14, 2011

Solutions... (inspired by Lauryn Hill's Oh Jerusalem)

Instances, examples and problems,
Emergencies, pain and silliness;
My body inevitably fail to connect and reasons cannot be defined.
Less sleep, more pills, mind drugged, my soul is dead,
And my young mind perished in the name of love.
Can I testify and say I was an actor, stage names, lies and imperfections defined me.
Forgetting lines, having no father but trusting in a man,
Failing schools tests, lacking direction but finding joy at varsity,
Limitations and boundaries dictating the light in my tunnel-shaped journey.

Instances, examples and problems,
Emergencies, pain and all;
Tradition abandoned, rules broken while hearts are in a process of being repaired,
Oh I cry, in the name of ancestors as a black soul
I cry in the name of those who live in the moment
I cry in the name of love; that which never existed.

I defined myself in the same way my enemies scrub their floors,
I explain my existence to those who felt I owed them.
I analysed my behaviour to a woman whose genitals stretched as God moulded my parts and shaped my heart, the same heart I have in my hand.

Instances, examples and problems,
Emergencies, pain and cluelessness;
I sleep around, I am sick; I no longer reap, but suck fruits less tasteful than bananas.
I forgot I was a man, I knew I was, but I had to thrust my being where my feet are forbidden as a man.
I forgot I was a loner, I knew I was, before I fell in love and felt good about it,
Deception fooled me; lust blinded me hence I often came quickly.

My traditions have found me, I chose you though I know you ditched me intentionally,
My heart is all repaired; I had to sort it, even though men stabbed me repeatedly in it,
I have found myself through instances, examples and problems,
Emergencies, pain and all.
 
Happy read!

No comments:

Post a Comment